At EMERGENCY Belgium we greatly value our donors and supporters, and thus we want to act with transparency and in compliance with the law as regards the personal details we request when you support us and how we use them.
PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
EMERGENCY Belgium will not, under any circumstances, share your data with other companies or organisations for marketing purposes. We may need to share limited information with our service providers, who process your data to help us send you relevant communications or process your donations and other responses. These service providers only act under our instruction and are not allowed to use your data for their own purposes or disclose it to other third parties.
WHAT INFORMATION WE ASK FOR AND WHY
Among the types of personal data that this website collects, there are: cookies, usage data, name and surname, email address and postal address. We do not collect “sensitive personal data” about our supporters, e.g. health status.
We need to be able to confirm any transactions you make on the EMERGENCY Belgium website by sending you an email, which is why the email field is mandatory in the web forms relating to donations and purchases.
We would also like to communicate with you and keep you updated on our work and how your support is contributing. If you wish to receive these communications, you can opt in via our website. If you are already subscribed and would like to opt out of receiving future communications, you are free to unsubscribe from our mailing list or change your preferences at any time by clicking on the relevant links in our newsletter or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We ask for your postal address in order to:
- Set up Direct Debits and process one-off donations;
- Claim Gift Aid;
- Deliver items to you (items you have purchased);
- If you agreed to receive post from us, we will use your postal address to send you relevant materials on our work and activities.
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary, for the purpose or purposes you have consented to.
This document may be updated at any time, on the basis of the technical and functional updates that we may make on this website; these updates will be valid from the date of their publication on this website.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a text file that is sent from a website to the device (computer, tablet, smartphones, etc.) used by the user to view it. A cookie is saved on a user’s device for a set period of time (from a few minutes up to several months) and can be read from the website that sent it. A cookie contains information on the website that sent it and on specific information saved by single cookies.
What types of cookies do we use?
We use different types of cookies:
And if I don’t want them?
- Technical cookies: Needed for the proper functioning of the website, allowing users to take advantage of the requested services. It is not possible to provide these services without these cookies.
- Analytical cookies: Are used to obtain information on the use of the website (i.e. pages visited, length of visit, the channels of provenance of users, etc.). This information is collected anonymously and analysed in aggregate form.
- Third-party cookies: By using our website, it is possible that some cookies not controlled by us are saved. These cookies do not contain personal information, unless you have logged into an account of the corresponding service. Third-party cookies may originate for example by Google Analytics, Google+, Facebook, Youtube, Shinystat etc. EMERGENCY Belgium does not control the saving of, or access to, these third-party cookies.
Remember that if you disable cookies we will not be able to ensure optimal operation of the website.
You can disable cookies from your browser’s settings – when you do, remember to delete all cookies already present for security. Below are the links to the instructions for disabling cookies in the most widespread browsers (links verified at the date of the latest update of this document):